The North Oak Cliff Police Patrol (NOCUPP) is an entirely member-supported non-profit organization that provides private police patrol service in 10 different neighborhoods of North Oak Cliff – including East Kessler Park. Your subscription to NOCUPP will pay for the off-duty Dallas police officers and the leased Dallas police car. All subscription fees collected go to funding the patrols, and your membership helps to ensure the safety of our neighborhoods by increasing the police patrols and giving our officers more time to respond to issues.
NOCUPP's goal is to be proactive toward crime. It adds to and complements existing Dallas Police Department patrols and Neighborhood Crime Watch programs to help make our area of North Oak Cliff one of the safest areas of the city.
Since being founded in 2007, as of 2021 NOCUPP officers have accomplished the following:
- Provided over 50,000 patrol hours
- Responded to more than 12,300 calls for service from concerned neighbors
- Performed more than 55,000 vacation and construction watches
- Made more than 3,600 traffic stops
- Issued more than 1,300 citations to drivers
- Made more than 770 arrests
NOCUPP was founded in the fall of 2007 as a private police patrol of the Kessler Park Neighborhood. The NOCUPP patrol area has since expanded, and each participating neighborhood association has its own NOCUPP volunteer board member who helps maintain membership rosters and property information sheets, track membership dues, and fulfill requests for NOCUPP yard signs. For more information please visit the NOCUPP website.
In addition to NOCUPP, these organizations and resources are helpful for residents in East Kessler Park.
- City of Dallas: Provides information about employment, elected officials, online services and city departments for residents and visitors
- Dallas County Elections: Provides school, city, county, state and national election information
- Dallas Curb Painting: If you are interested in having your house numbers painted on your curb complete this form to schedule. You can also view a map to track the progress of the project.
- Dallas Independent School District (DISD): Also known as Dallas Public Schools, DISD is the second-largest school district in Texas and the sixteenth-largest in the United States
- Dallas Area Rapid Transportation (DART): Provides information on public transit services and customer facilities in Dallas and 12 surrounding cities
- Texas Department of Transportation (TXDOT): Oversees public transportation within the state
- Oak Cliff Chamber of Commerce: Addresses issues that impact business and livability in the Oak Cliff community and provides networking opportunities for community business leaders
- North Texas Crime Prevention Council: Promotes Crime Prevention practices by developing and implementing safety programs, providing training programs for Crime Prevention practitioners, and encouraging citizen involvement and participation
- SPCA: The leading animal welfare agency in North Texas also serves as an active resource center providing an array of programs and services that bring people and animals together to enrich each others' lives
- Oak Cliff Crime Watch (Facebook Group)
- Nextdoor: A hyperlocal social networking service that allows users to exchange helpful information, goods and services